I am a coder
attracted by new technologies and sciences with a keen interest for Internet
I have a passion for photography
I love every kind of music
(I have played guitar and piano), traveling, respecting nature
watching US series, cooking, walking, cycling
, playing Adventure Games
I'm working as software developer
for the VFX studio MPC
, in London, since February 2014.
In there I'm responsible for development of new department tools and APIs in Python, including an asset management system
and a camera baking tool
in Maya. It's a very interesting position, as I'm an important connection between the Heads of
Departments of Crowd and Layout and the software Core developers.
Previously I have worked for the 3D Animation Studio nWave Digital
, in Bruxelles.
My team, formed by three persons, has built a new production pipeline for the new feature film "Tuesday's Tale".
My first experience as Pipeline developer was in Rainbow CGI
, in Rome, where I was responsible for the all the code and the databases of the company.
-  The Jungle Book: (in production): Crowd/Layout software developer
-  Exodus - Gods and Kings: ( Trailer): Layout software developer
-  Guardians of the Galaxy: ( Trailer): Crowd software developer
- [2013-2015] Tuesday's Tale:(in production): Production pipeline
-  The House Of Magic:(Teaser): Production pipeline
-  Winx Club V: (episode 13 [ita]): Maya and Nuke pipeline, with asset versioning on database, Shot manager system
-  Gladiators of Rome : (italian trailer): Maya and Nuke pipeline, Shot manager system
-  Winx Club 3D Magic Adventure (italian trailer): developer in training
- Current address
- Nationality: Italian
- Birth day: 28/02/86
- Driving licenses: A1 - B
As soon as I graduated I started to work in a great 3D animation studio in Rome. At first, I started as intern as PHP developer, then I have learned Python and I love it!
- 03 February 2014 - to date:
- Discipline developer for the VFX studio MPC (London)
- Worked in Python, PyQt and Lua, both inside of applications (mostly Maya), as well as facility and
show level back-end Python scripting, and creation of custom tools and applications using Python and PyQt.
- 11 Marzo 2013 - February 2014:
- Software developer for the Animation studio nWave Digital (Bruxelles)
- Develop the new production pipeline management software, including bug fixing, automated testing and refactoring, using Python, PyMel and PySide.
- July 2010 - February 2013:
- Code developer for the Animation studio Rainbow-CGI (Rome)
- Create the main pipeline for Maya using MySQL database, Python, PyMel, MEL and PyQt and
develop scripts for animation, finishing, set dressing depts.
- Develop the Nuke pipeline using Python
- Develop a production tracking system and a asset management system in PHP & Ajax
- January 2010 - 25 July 2010:
- Internship at Rainbow-CGI
- March 2009 – present:
- July 2009 - December 2009
- Part-time for University of Tor Vergata
- Tasks: maintain and upgrade PC and Macintosh hardware
- 2007 – 2009:
- Photoshop lecturer at University of Tor Vergata for the “Digital Images Correction” class
- September 2005 – March 2010:
- Bachelor degree in “New Media Science” @ Università Tor Vergata – Roma, grade: 110/110
- Principal subjects: Maths (basic analysis and geometry, Fourier analysis, Computer graphics algorithms), Physics, programming languages (C, Java, PHP) and databases, Computer graphics skills (2D and 3D)...
- January – June 2007:
- Italian: mother tongue
- English: fully proficient level
- French: intermediate level
I have a strong interest in Web Accessibility
- Operating systems: Windows (from DOS to Eight) and Unix.
- 3D: Maya
- Versioning and documention tools: Git, Doxygen, Sphinx
- Video & Audio Compositing: Nuke, Fusion, After Effects, Cubase, Premiere
- Digital correction and 2d graphics: Nuke, Photoshop, Gimp, Illustrator
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)